JOHARI PHOTOGRAPHY

JOHARI PHOTOGRAPHY
With every sunrise let our horizons expand

Thursday, January 29, 2015

FIRST OFFICIAL DAY AS A PHOTOGRAPHER

A friend invited me to be a second shooter for a dowry event. Two months before the event, I did everything possible to get ready, from hiring a camera, lens, purchasing a video light, reading the contract between the two parties, and making sure I got to know the client's name and immediate family by heart.

I do not remember falling asleep a night before the event. All I did in the stillness of the night was to create  positive mental pictures. It took us about 2 hours to reach to the destination, and while traveling I revised relevant notes from YouTube,  previous workshop sessions and what I had found to work for me. When I thought i was ready, I closed my eyes for a rest and thought to myself, here I COME AND I ROCK.

To my utter dismay after all the hard work put in, I could not stand the sight of two goats slaughtered, and neither could i eat the goat meat. Nevertheless it was a beautiful event, that ended with heavy rain pour that had never been witnessed in the country since 1978. This what i saw from my lens.



No comments:

Post a Comment